Wednesday 26 August 2009

it's a fire, a fire i cannot put out


07.02 UK/23.02 SF



'Five o’clock and a fire escape symphony
Spilling out across the road and the square
And the sky’s the same as your own, do you think of me?
Do the parks and trees and the leaves reach you there?
After the rain, in the lonely hours he* haunts me....
Calling out, again, and again....
Sophia, Sophia, I’m burning, I’m burning
It’s a fire, a fire I cannot put out.
Sophia, Sophia, I’m learning that some things
I can’t go without
And one of those is him*.'
*she/her


- nerina pallot sophia



somebody that is willing to fly 3000 miles is somebody i can't go without. you're a fire i've not been able to put out since we first met. thank you for everything; the mornings, the evenings, the naps, the baths, holding my hand when it gets too much, catching my breath, tracing my lifeline, playing your guitar, not giving up.



your poem is in construction, dartmouth.



-e.w.




No comments: